Tuesday 31 January 2012

Chunky Holos from Kleancolor Swatches

Kleancolor is a brand that many nail enthusiasts have been collection lately. It's very cheap, and has reasonable quality. I say reasonable 'cus it varies a lot how the quality is, sometimes great and sometime terrible. But, I mean, what can you expect from polish for  $1.75? You can buy your kleancolors at Beautyjoint here
I happen to have all nine of the chunky holo ones. They are the most attractive I think, so now I'll show swatches of all of them over both white and black. 

First some general on all the polishes. It's a sheer jellybase with small duochrome glitters in green and orange, except for the black one, but you can see that further down. These have a pretty thick formula, so be careful when applying. And they dry sooo sloooow. Really, even with fast drying top coats it was hell. I haven't tried the famous Seche Vite so if that works better I don't know. At least OPIs and LJs doesn't do the job. These photos are all two coats of the Kleancolor over Essie black and Essie white. 

Chunky Holo Purple

A very share lavenderish purple. The glitter is sparse, but has a nice duochrome. Over black most of the purple disappears, but looks great over white.

Chunky Holo Scarlet

The most opaque jelly in the whole bunch. A very nice and strong orangey red. This could probably even have done on it's own, or would have looked great over a similar red tone. The glitter however is far from duochrome. It's just dark red, which is also nice and it actually doesn't bother me that it's not as "holo" as the others.

Chunky Holo Fuchsia

It's a little bit to sheer. If it had been a tad bit more opaque the polish would have been perfect, but now it just turns into more of a neautral purple than a great fuchsia. Other than that the polish is good, just not my taste.

Chunky Holo Black

This is the most special polish in the collection and probably the most sold. Black has big chunks of round and hex glitters along with the small round ones. It's very duochrome, and looks best over black. Also great to spice up other dark colors like red or blue to give it some magic. Over white black just looks weird...

Chunky Holo Candy

Very cute name for a starter. And the color fits it. A candy pink is the best way to describe it. This is how I wanted Fuchsia to be more like. Over black it makes the black look a little orange, like that effect. And the glitter is packed!

Chunky Holo Clover

Over white this looks like a combo of spring green and mint green. Really nice. I wish the glitters in it would have been more blue and green than orange, but what the heck... Over black the green kinda disappears. I'll also throw in a picture of it over Nicole by OPI - One time Lime so you can see it over green.

Chunky Holo Poppy 

This one surprised me. In the bottle it looks like a great orange, but one the nail it's more brown. I don't have any brown jellys, or glitters for that sake. But I can't say I like the color... Nope, not for me. Maybe for someone else though.

Chunky Holo Teal

This one was kinda like Clover. Really great over white, kinda gone over black. I like it! The orange glitters gives it some really nice sparks, and over another blue it will look like fish scales!(post coming with that combo tomorrow!)

Chunky Holo Bluebelle

This one looks very duochrome and unique in the bottle, on the nail not so much .Yes. pretty, but not THAT pretty. It actually looks almost gray... Now, I've seen swatches of it over pink and green and that is some good stuff so I'll try that soon! Over black the duochrome comes great out however.

Now, that was all the chunky holos. Even though none of them actually are holos, more duochrome in the glitter. Scarlet, clover and black are my favorites!

# What's your favorite?
# What do like this collection?

6 comments:

  1. Scarlet, black og clover er mine favoritter og :)
    Di andre syns jeg så ganske like ut over svart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i'm in love with this collection! I think my favorites are scarlet and candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are fantastic! I have the Kleancolor techno mini set & love them. Where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her aunt got them for her as a Christmas present, on ebay of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or you can buy them here: http://www.beautyjoint.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=4&product_id=110

    ReplyDelete
  6. ååååå de var helt fantastiske

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful and happy for each of your comments! And I read and usually answer them all.