Monday 10 October 2011

Retro Halloween design: Cats and Trees

Am I late to start my halloween designs? Maybe a little, but I'll make up for it buy posting tons!
This first one is a retro looking orange and black design with cats, trees and a bat. I'm really happy with the result, and hope you guys can draw inspiration from it!
Step one:
Paint your nails a solide orange, and use a thin brush or nail art pen to make darker waves.

Step two:
Make a black line on the tip, this is going to be the ground so don't make it even!

I didn't make a tutorial for the rest, I would have needed to make a video, but you can just look at the pics!(there are many pics...)




The thumb

My fingers are posing with some cute spider rings:


And this is my left hand, which you guys usualy never see, I'm left handed you see so design on my left hand aren't easy. I only made trees and scrolls on this hand


I used China Glaze - Papaya Punch for the background, Orly - Flagstone rush for the stripes on the background, Gosh - Yellow Doll for the moon and Essie - Licorice and Blanc for the black and white.

I'm seeing halloween designs everywhere! On blogs, on youtube and on the street, and I want to make them all! Next I'll try a new technique to make eyeballs...

                                                             # Do you like my retro halloween design?
                                                             # What are your favorite halloween icons?
                                                                                                               

4 comments:

  1. Så fine halloween-negler! Jeg liker godt flaggermus-motiver, men har ikke prøvd å lakke de på neglene...Har søstrene Grenes flyttet, forresten? Trodde det lå en i Karl Johan (nå er det veldig lenge siden jeg var i Karl JOhan, da), men fant den ikke i dag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kjempe fine negler:)

    SV;Kunne ikke la vær å gjøre det. Er en fin sak og god aksjon,og jeg har vært år støttet opp mot det. Kreft generelt er en fryktelig sykdom og jeg for 3 mnd en begravelse til nabo som gikk tapt for kreften.
    Kjempe bra at du lager rosasløyfe negledesign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SV;Er en bra sak dette her og jeg har ikke fått vært med på noe aksjoner hittil. Så jeg skal prøve å promotere dette! Har sett flere videoer fra ulike pelsfarmer og det er ekkelt & kvalmende å se hvordan de dyrene har det.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia - Nailsncupcakes11 October 2011 at 03:13

    Anonymous: Søstrene grene ligger nå i en av sidegatene til Karl Johan. Tror det er kongensgate. Rett ved siden av Steen og strøm

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful and happy for each of your comments! And I read and usually answer them all.