Thursday 1 December 2011

Gradient Nails

Today I'm gonna show you three different ways to make gradient nails with a sponge.

You can choose to either use a makeup sponge or a regular kitchen sponge. I prefer a kitchen sponge, it's cheap and when I use a makeupsponge I often experience that pieces of the sponge stick to the nail. But you should try both and decide for yourself. You can also decide if you want to use tweezers or just your fingers when doing this. I feel like a get more of a "feeling" of the polish when using just my fingers, but that's just me. But sometimes the wet polish on the sponge gets on the already done fingers... Again decide for yourself.

Upwards Gradient:

 The most classic gradient. For this I used Essie - bright tights, china glaze-papaya punch, Linda johansen-pumpkin pie and Orly-flagstone rush


Inwards gradient:

This one is really fun. Maybe my favorite. Just started doing it, but will make it a lot more! I used: Revlon - minted, OPI-greenwich village and gina tricot - petrol


Downwards gradient:

Always needs a lot of cleanup around the cuticles. I used: Essence-fall for me, Hm-peppermint fusion, Isadora - bugatti blue and Orly - sweet peacock

And just to show that gradients don't have to be done with more than two colors and the same color in different shadings:

I love these kinds too, they can turn out great!

       If you have any other questions about gradient nails, just ask!
#Which type of gradient is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful and happy for each of your comments! And I read and usually answer them all.